I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.
He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?
As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.
Until Liberty. She’s grouchy, a recluse—and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who’ve screamed my name.
The world is clamouring for me to get back on stage, but I’m not willing to leave her. I’ve got to find a way to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed. Everything.
The five reasons you need to read this book now!
- The humour – Idol is packed absolutely full of silly situations, witty one-liners and a back and forth banter between characters that had me laughing out loud. I adored Liberty Bell and her snarky nature and quirky ways that were a perfect match for Killian’s cockiness.
- The secondary characters- Every single one grabbed my interest. Each one had a personality of their own and each had their unique quirk. This book was an excellent start to this new series and although none of them took away from the main characters, I cannot wait to dive into each of their individual stories.
- The romance – A slow burn romance with all the angst and sexual tension you could possibly want. From their first disastrous meeting to the very last second of this book these two had my toes curling in enjoyment. I adored the sweet moments between these two as they went from friends to more.
- The sex – Because holy shit this book was hot! The tension between them was tangible and whether they went slow with only a tentative touch or whether they were grabbing each other like they were starved these two had a passion that could only be described as highly erotic and extremely hot. Seriously, this book had me panting.
- The rock god – Kristen Callihan has a way of creating unique men who have me swooning all over the place and Killian was no different. He was funny and sweet and at times confused but he had such a deliciously cocky and dirty side that won’t be able to stop yourself from falling for this rock star.
All in all this was a highly entertaining and very rich read. It went from funny to hot to emotional in the blink of an eye and I could not put this book down. Their journey was definitely not simple and after I closed this book I felt as though I had lived a lifetime with these people but I loved every second of it. Absolutely recommended!
(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review)
About Kristen Callihan:
Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she’d rather be. She is a three-time RITA nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer’s Choice award. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine’s Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher’s Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.